12.4.09

Superfluous Attacks!

Feeling good from helping his teammate to victory the day before, and having gotten over the unfortunate indigestion from Paolo’s pasta, Jacob set his sights on the road race.


Jacob: Mancebo!
Mancebo: Jacobo! Haven’t seen you since we ran into each other in Dr. Fuentes office, it’s been a while.
Jacob: Please Francisco, not in front of my blog.
Mancebo: Ah, of course.

Jacob: Miss Hatch, to whom do I owe the pleasure of making your acquaintance?
Liz: Me, for being strong enough to hang with you guys so far in the B race.
Jacob: Well, be sure to thank yourself for me.
Liz: Uh…
Mancebo: She’s right, this race has been pretty easy.
Jacob: Are you saying?
Mancebo: I’m going to attack. Just maybe. I’ll ride up the road a bit and see if anyone wants to come.
Jacob: Uh, Francisco, we’re having a jaunt here riding with the ladies. It’s a nice day, everyone’s happy, why ruin it?
Mancebo: My Spanish sense of victoria is tingling.

And so Mancebo went up the road and dangled a bit, seeing if anyone would join. No one did, and then he was gone, never to be seen again. A chase briefly happened, then superfluous attacks began. Being above such superfluity, and knowing that his pants weren’t see-through, Jacob went to chat with Liz again.


Jacob: Hey Liz, are you on a diet?
Liz: No.
Jacob: Cause you’re not the only one watching your figure!

Liz: You don’t know how to talk to women do you?
Jacob: No.

Shamed, Jacob lowered himself to a superfluous attack. Having regained his confidence from 10 seconds alone though, he soon filtered back to the pack.


Jacob: Man, I’m hungry.
Liz: See, much better. It’s not creepy, it’s just a neutral observation. I’m sorta hungry too, it’s been a lengthy race.

Jacob: Perhaps we can grab lunch later?
Liz: See, there you go again.

And so he went again, to the front, off on a superfluous attack. He was just kidding about the attack though, and was soon back in the pack.


Jacob: Man, it sure has been a while since we’ve seen Mancebo.
Liz: Uh, yeah, yeah it has.
Jacob: Yeah, I sure miss him. You know who else I miss?

Liz: Ugh. Who?
Jacob: My mom.
Liz: Aww, see, now that’s sweet.
Jacob: You know what else is sweet?

Liz: Ugh, what?
Jacob: My brownies.
Liz: You cook?
Jacob: For you, I sizzle!

Jacob awoke in a ditch somewhere outside San Marcos

1 comment:

  1. Whitney: Hey Ken what's up?
    Ken: Your legs look fake with those compression pants on.
    Whitney: oh........huh?

    Jacob, I'm right there with you, evidently.

    ReplyDelete