23.5.09

Phoneathon Vaughters





Jacob: Hello?



JV: Jacob, it’s Jonathan Vaughters.
Jacob: Hey, JV, what’s going on?
JV: Not much man, how are you?
Jacob: Out racing the Driveway actually.
JV: Yeah, that’s why I called. Time for me to step in as your DS.
Jacob: On my cell phone?
JV: They don’t allow radios.
Jacob: Yeah, but-
JV: Hey, get in this early break.
Jacob: But it won’t stick.
JV: We need the TV time.
Jacob: Who’s we?
JV: Bridge damnit!
Jacob: Alright, alright, I’m here.
JV: Now pull.

Jacob: I just got here!
JV: Revenue! Advertising!
Jacob: I’m pulling, I’m pulling. And we’re caught.
JV: Good work.
Jacob: Am I done for the day?
JV: You wish. Just sit in the back for now, keep an eye on things there.
Jacob: But the Silence-Lotto guys look at me funny.
JV: Don’t worry about them.
Jacob: So, I’m done for a bit?
JV: Yeah.
Jacob: Should I hang up?
JV: Well, I’m going to call you again in about 10 minutes or so.
Jacob: My phones on vibrate, I might not here it.
JV: Yeah, I’ll have important things to say then, so let’s stay on the line.

Jacob: So how’s the family?
JV: Doing pretty good. They’re in Italy for the Giro.
Jacob: Shouldn’t you be in Italy?
JV: I was this morning.
Jacob: Oh.

JV: So how’s the girlfriend?
Jacob: What girlfriend?
JV: Oh. Yeah. So you’re an English major?
Jacob: Yeah.
JV: How’s that going?
Jacob: Pretty good, got one more year to go, shouldn’t be too bad.
JV: Uhuh, that’s great. Hey, it’s the last lap, time to get back in the race.
Jacob: You couldn’t have told me this a couple laps ago?
JV: No. Your flyer off the front will get more TV time if the last they saw of you you were on the back.
Jacob: Off the front?
JV: Yeah, you’ll lead our Farrar.
Jacob: Ty’s here? I haven’t seen him…
JV: He’s in disguise, now get off the front!

JV: Hold, hold!
Jacob: Too. Soon. For. Sprint! Can’t. Heart. Rate. 205! Can’t. Keep. Arrgh!
JV: There, done. Next time, we’ll work on not getting passed by 9 people. Good job though.

No comments:

Post a Comment