23.5.09

Euskaltel Monotony

Armed with a cadre of intrepid teammates, the ever-vigilant Jacob headed southwards to do battle with the best that San Antonio had to offer…things would go rather boringly from there. Fortunately though, he had Inaki Isasi and Sammy Sanchez to keep him company…

Jacob: So Inaki, what’s it like being a sprinter in the Pro Peloton?
Inaki: Pretty nice. I’m not like whiny other sprinters who can’t go uphill to save their lives, so on hard days I hang out with the grupetto, and on sprint days I fight for wheels. It’d be nice if I could ever get a lead out…
Sammy: Oh yeah, because Sammy Sanchez can lead people out.
Inaki: Yeah, it’s not like he sprints to first in the Olympics…
Sammy: Sammy knows how to go uphill, that’s about it.

Jacob: Must be somewhat frustrating to not do much in a race and then not gain a result.
Sammy: Sammy doesn’t know what that feels like.
Inaki: It’s not so bad really.
Jacob: Really? Because for me it sucks.
Inaki: Well for me, I still get paid.
Jacob: A low blow…
Sammy: Sammy only dishes out blows on the hills. Sammy’s gonna change the subject.
Jacob: You didn’t change the subject, you just sorta ended it…
Sammy: Oh, didn’t I, didn’t I?
Jacob & Inaki: Oh Sammy, hahaha

Inaki: Don’t you have a rider up the road?
Jacob: Do I? Huh, never noticed.
Inaki: I don’t often know what it feels like myself…
Sammy: Hard to counter if you don’t even know he’s being reeled in.
Inaki: So much for ever-vigilant.
Jacob: Yeah, well, I must’ve got distracted.
Inaki: There goes another teammate of yours.
Jacob: Maybe I’ll counter after he gets reeled in.
Sammy: Maybe you won’t and will just sit in waiting for things to end but won’t have to legs or nuts to really do anything towards the end and you won’t get a good placing at all.

Too true Sammy, too true…

No comments:

Post a Comment